Sunday, March 4, 2012

Burden Free

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


I recently read a book where the author was talking about the grace of God and something he said made me think. He said that if your yoke is not easy and your burden is not light you have not really yoked up with Jesus. You are still laboring in your own strengths and abilities (Dr. James Richards).


There are many things throughout our life that we will attempt to do by our own strength. Sometimes we may start to feel so overwhelmed that we begin to lose sight of the fact that God has already taken what we are trying to carry on our own. We pretend to lay it down only to pick it back up when we leave. It is as if we are afraid that if we leave it there that it wont work out or rather yet work out the way we have planned.


It may not work out the way we thought it would. However, when we honestly and whole-heartedly leave it at the feet of Jesus we don’t have to worry about it, we don’t have to become consumed with it. Why not give it to someone who already has taken care of it? Why do we try to do it on our own strength when Gods Word clearly states that He will give us rest if we just come to Him! I encourage you to take Gods Word literally and go to Him, lay it at His feet! Let Him take the burden you are carrying. After all you were not made to carry that burden. Become yoked with Him and the burden will be light!


What burden are you holding on to that you should lay at the feet of Jesus?
What can you do to lay them at His feet and make sure you leave them there? If you don’t know the answer to this question then I encourage you to get into Gods Word and find scripture to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment