Thursday, February 16, 2012

His Plan Not Mine

Gods plan for Abraham was to make him a father of many nations. When Abraham started getting old and had no children he and his wife Sarah took matters into their own hands by impregnating a woman who was not his wife. Was this part of Gods plan? No it was not, but God still fulfilled the plan He had for his life!

There are many times we have taken matters into our own hands. We unknowingly attempt to divert Gods plan for our life and become discouraged when nothing worked out. God will still lead you when you follow Him. It may not be the way you thought it would be (Abraham and Sarah did not expect to have a child at such an old age), but He always will! Regardless of how often you try to do things your own way Gods plan will never change! He knows the plans He has for your life! Will you let Him fulfill it His way?

It's easy to let our hands get in the mix of things. Ever since I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior I felt Him leading me to ministry. As a sixteen year old girl I was excited that God had such a huge plan for my life! Shortly after that I started seeking what I wanted to do and enrolled myself in culinary school. I soon became aware of the fact that this wasn't Gods plan for my life so I un-enrolled. During this time I had people in my life who thought working in ministry would get me no where. Instead of following Gods plan I followed mans plan. That spring I started college in pursuit of a Criminal Justice degree. Throughout this whole ordeal Gods plan was still there. A year and a half later a guest speaker came to my church and talked on dream killers. It soon became apparent to me that the person who encouraged me to not follow the plan I felt led to was a dream killer in my life. Within a month I was applying for a missionary training center and preparing to leave for six months. When I got back I was caught up in the world again and started pursuing what I thought was Gods plan for my life. I have a passion and desire to help the hurt, abused, and abandoned generation of teenagers so I thought going to school for Social Work/Psychology would fit Gods plan. I was attempting to fit a piece of my puzzle where it didn't belong. Finally six years after I felt God calling me to live a life set apart for Him I enrolled in school for Intercultural studies with the desire to follow His plan and His plan only for my life. Are you willing to follow Gods plan? I am!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment